Why am I this big?
Why am I trying to lose the weight?
Well the answer to the first question is complicated. I've always been curvy and my parents put me on my first diet at 12, and I just assumed this was how women now lived, in constant starvation.
I stopped eating breakfast, to make cutting the calories easier.
Two kids, a very stressful life, and 30 years later - ta dah!
To answer the second question, a variety of reasons.
- so I can look in a mirror again with out feeling awful about myself
- so I can buy nice clothes in cottons
- because my knees hurt occasionally
- because it wouldn't hurt my career
- because the world is a shallow place and appearance matters
Is that enough?
Is that OK?