Wednesday, February 20, 2008

ohhhh long days are not good days

Naturally 3 days after starting really focus on my health, I end up on a road trip!

No school buses were running but a quick check of weather and road conditions showed we'd get to Toronto ok. This was to see the debut of a documentary that myself and another local activist were featured in, so we were motivated to go. I like to drive so I insisted on driving.

We went through 3 separate snowstorms, but it wasn't so bad, only one real white out.

We left about 10:45 am and got to downtown Toronto at 12:45. That's not bad, in good weather I've done it in 2.5 hours so 3 is still respectable. We relaxed at a coffee shop and enjoyed the 'downtowness' of it all.

Got a bit nervous as the documentary started and I realized my personal perspective was now very much a part of public consumption. Had a ball at the end answering questions. Was comfortable in front of the crowd with the microphone. Was a very happy camper!

We left the National Film Board, and realized it was 5 pm. No one wants to be leaving Toronto at 5 pm, especially when you're already downtown!!

It took 2 hours just to get to highway 10. One major adrenaline dump when I realized I was going into a curve at way too high a speed for the conditions, ohhhh I'll pay for that I'm sure.

I walked in the door at 9:30 pm.

The trouble with Sparks People is you can't go in and put food in as "two slices of homemade pizza reheated because it's 9:30 at night and you really haven't had dinner yet..."

I dropped into bed at 11 pm.

I have a board meeting tonight, so I won't be home until 10 pm again. So I decided I wasn't going into work until 10 am. Boundaries at work!!

No comments: